Questions about mold or our mold removal process? Feel free to browse the FAQs below or reach out and get in touch.

Q. Is mold in a house dangerous?

A: Yes! When mold is growing in a home, toxic spores are being released, and flow through the vents and air ducts to every room of the home. The spores are then breathed in by the occupants and can cause serious medical problems.

Q: Is mold harmful to breathe?

A: Mold is definitely harmful to breathe. The severity of the mold, as well as the type of mold, and the persons individual tolerance, will factor into the actual effects the mold has on the human body. Mold growth often occurs in hidden places inside a home, and is the source of mysterious illnesses.

Q: What effects does mold have on people?

A: Depending on the type of spores growing, illnesses ranging from sinus infections and allergies, to Alzheimer’s disease and MS, can result. Illnesses can be very serious and mold toxins in a body are difficult for medical professionals to measure. If you feel sick and the doctors aren’t sure why, getting your home tested for mold is a great idea.

Q: Can I use bleach to get rid of mold?

A: NO! This is a common misconception. Bleach will cause the mold spores to lose their color and appear to be gone, however, the spores will not die. They will continue to grow without color, and using a liquid bleach can even increase the speed at which they grow, because of the added moisture and humidity.

Q: What causes mold to grow?

A: The individual mold spores are traveling through open air all of the time. When the small amount of spores are breathed outdoors, they are combined with such a large portion of fresh air that they rarely have an effect on you. Sometimes in the spring, the outdoor counts increase and create outdoor allergies. However, when moisture is allowed to dwell on a porous surface inside a building, these few mold spores will attach themselves to that surface and begin to grow at a rapid pace. Once these spores have attached it takes much more than household cleaners to break their strong hold.

Q: How do I get rid of mold?

A: There are over-the-counter products like KILZ that will slow the growth of the spores. However, this will only slow down the problem and both the chemicals in the product and the left-over mold can still cause serious health effects. To get your home completely free of mold, call us at Pure Maintenance of Southern California. We are a certified remediation company that uses innovative dry-fog technology, without the dangerous chemicals or costly demolition to your home.

Still have questions?

Feel free to reach out directly and we'll be happy to answer your questions.