Get Your Mold Problem Sorted Today.
It comes up often in our call center- customers and potential customers who complain of brain fog, forgetfulness, anxiety, depression, etc. To the casual observer, it is obvious that this is a common theme. WHY? What is the link between neurological problems and having mold in your home.
According to the National Institute of Health, human exposure to molds, mycotoxins, and water-damaged buildings can cause neurologic and neuropsychiatric signs and symptoms. Many of these clinical features can partly mimic or be similar to classic neurologic disorders including pain syndromes, movement disorders, delirium, dementia, and disorders of balance and coordination. Having been in this business for 15 plus years, this is an amazing thing to read and is real progress. For years we have known there is a link, but have not been able to get an “authoritative” organization to recognize it.
Once mold or mycotoxins are inhaled, they can settle in your sinuses. The sinuses are dark, warm, and moist. Mold triggers an immune system response that triggers mucous production. Mucous becomes food for mold, enabling it to reproduce and cause a fungal infection of the sinusitis. Mucous also literally is swallowed and ends up in the gut. However, mycotoxins can be swallowed and cause harm without a sinus infection being present. Additionally, the inhaled mycotoxins can settle in the sinuses. These potent neurotoxins are microns away from the brain and blood brain barrier. These toxins, both inhaled and eaten, can cause neurological symptoms. There are urine tests to detect if there are mycotoxins, but the results are not completely conclusive. These tests are likely to find mycotoxins that are metabolized by the body’s organ systems. Mycotoxins that may have been ingested and go through the digestive tract, liver and excretion path.
The brain has a different method of metabolizing toxins; the glymphatic system. In 2012, researchers from the University of Rochester identified this new maintenance system called the glymphatic system, which uses the cells’ mitochondria to remove cellular waste from the brain. It found that the clear cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) in the brain is what is responsible for draining toxins from the brain, similar to how the lymphatic system is what removes waste from other cells in our bodies to the kidney and liver. But, the brain has no lymph, and relies on the cerebral spinal fluid.
According to Psychology Today, ”Exposure to triggers such as environmental toxins and infections can cause chronic inflammation in multiple body systems. These triggers cause damage to the immune system, the brain, the heart, the lungs, and many other body systems.
Exposure to triggers is cumulative and can, over time, cause debilitating chronic illness and even death. An important part of the treatment of all EAIs is to reduce exposure to environmental triggers and to help the body to expel toxic buildup through detoxification. Treatment of EAIs is more likely to be successful if the patient and physician can identify the specific triggers affecting the patient’s health. EAIs are interconnected. For example: a person with biotoxin illness is likely to become more sensitive to chemicals and develop multiple chemical sensitivities (MCS). Likewise, a person who suffers from chronic Lyme disease is likely to become more sensitive to mold and other toxins found in water-damaged buildings. Some people who have become ill from exposure to one set of triggers may become sensitive to wi-fi exposure.” It is thought that many illnesses not mentioned above may be caused or exacerbated by a person’s exposure to environmental toxins. These include:
• Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
• Epilepsy and other seizure disorders
• Dysautonomias such as postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS)
• Parkinson’s disease
• Autistic spectrum disorders
• Depression, anxiety and other mental illnesses
• Autoimmune diseases
• Diabetes (Type 2) and metabolic syndrome
• Cardiovascular disease
• Celiac disease, and other food sensitivities
• Leaky gut syndrome (LGS) and dysbiosis
• Asthma and allergies
• Pneumonia and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
• Psoriasis and eczema
Chronic exposure to harmful environmental toxins and other triggers interferes with the normal functions of the body. They can affect the mind. It is not uncommon for children or adults with recurring exposures to moldy indoor environments at home, work, or school to develop multiple symptoms. Treatment for mold exposure and Pure Maintenance VaPure procedure in the home or office will lead to substantial improvement of health.